FIRST, A FEW TIPS...
Choose a photo with good focus and high contrast. A white subject on a white background will not yield the best product, nor will dark on dark. We will do minimal color correction where obviously needed, but it is always best to send a good, crisp photo. We may need to crop your photo to best achieve a proportion of 8x10.
For digital photographs, please make sure that the photo is of reasonably high resolution, as a photo that is too small will result in a muddy, low resolution end product. We suggest a minimum of 1280x960 pixels, or roughly 1 megapixels.
Any photograph taken by a professional photographer cannot be reproduced without written permission from the photographer. We cannot accept photographs of copyrighted materials, such as theme characters and sports mascots.
Please be sure to read our disclaimer and liabilty statement below before you complete your order
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Below, we've listed a number of our most frequently asked questions. Also, you'll find helpful hints to make your PictureWeave product the best it can be.
Q: What photos can I use?
A: Any photo you like! There are a few guidelines we'd like to offer, though.
- High contrast - a nice, high contrast photo will always work best. If there is a good deliniation between lights and darks, good detail in the subject and a balance in contrast, your blanket or wall hanging will turn out beautifully.
- Large Subject Matter - if your subject matter (a person, a pet, a building, etc) takes up the majority of the photo, you will be able to see more detail and the colors will be more vibrant and true-to-life. If the subject is too small, you might consider cropping the photo so that the subject takes up roughly 60-80% of the image.
- Color - try to choose a photograph with realistic coloring. If the face in the photograph is bright pink, chances are that your PortraitWeave product will not look as realistic as you hope. Try to pick a photo with good skin tones, nice colors and one that is not too faded or old. Remember, while we will do some minor color correction and tone enhancements, what you send is what you will receive. The better and more realistic your photo is, the happier you will be with the finished product.
- Old Photos - while we can certainly make your PortraitWeavers product from any photo, older photographs are not always the best choice. They can be faded or the color can change over time. For best results, pick the clearest, most color-rich older photograph you have.
- Focus - please make sure that the photo you send is in focus. We can do minimal sharpening, but a crisp photo will always work best
- Black & White Photos - we can create your PortraitWeavers product from a black and white photo. No problem!
Q: What about Digital Photography?
A: No problem! You can send your camera files to us directly. We recommend that you use at least a 2 megapixel camera or higher. If you send as a JPEG, please make sure to use minimal compression. If you over-compress, the image will be blurry and pixelated. It is better to send a larger file as opposed to a smaller file. Please follow the above suggestions, as it will help yield the best finished piece.
Q: How many people/pets/buildings can I have in my photo?
A: You can have as many as you'd like, but remember that the smaller the detail, the less likely it is to show up in a woven piece. A blanket with a couple of large faces will yield higher detail in those faces compared to a photo with 10 people in it.
Q: How long will it take?
A: 4-6 weeks. Often, much faster. A lot of that depends on the time of year and the number of orders we have.
Q: Are these products printed?
A: No! These products are jacquard woven, 100% cotton. Never printed.
Q: Will the images and colors fade?
A: No! The images are woven of 100% cotton, so they will never fade - even after repeated washings.
Q: Are these products washable?
A: Absolutely. Our products are machine washable. We recommend cold water and tumble drying on the lowest setting.
DISCLAIMER... PLEASE READ!
Disclaimers and Liability
This unique product may require creative photo cropping and composition. The photo may be enlarged or reduced so as to create the most beautiful rendition in either a vertical or horizontal format.
We recommend washing product by hand washing in cool water using a mild detergent or machine wash on gentle cycle separately. Dry on cool cycle. 100% cotton.
Black and white photos will be woven as black and white, and color photos will be woven in color.
We don't gaurentee to return photos, so be sure to send a good copy instead of your only photo. If you send an original photo and it is not returned, we are not liable, even though we make every effort to return them unharmed.
The submission of any photos or any other documents constitutes an agreement by you that if such photo or document is damaged, lost or mishandled by our company, agents or employees, even though due to negligence or of any of the foregoing, we are not liable for damages. While we will use all due diligence to ensure the safety of your photograph and will make all attempts to return your photo with your blanket, we suggest that you send copies of any photo that is irreplaceable or highly valuable.
ALL ORDERS ARE CUSTOM PRODUCED AND YOUR ORDER CANNOT BE CANCELLED
B. No Copyrighted Photographs
Copyrighted photos will not be accepted without written permission from the photographer. A copyrighted picture will usually be identified as follows: 1)the words “Copyrighted photo - do not copy” imprinted on the back of the photo, 2) a copyrighted logo or 3) a professionally published photo or artwork e.g. magazine photo. Please use a different photo if you are in doubt as to whether your submission is copyright protected.
C. Digital Photos
Digital photos are also acceptable and may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Low resolution images will not reproduce well, please make sure that the image you email is at least 150 dpi resolution. IMPORTANT: Please include your kit serial number, located on the order form and certificate in the subject line of your email. Emails that contain no reference to the kit serial number will be returned to sender.
D. Please be sure to retain a copy of your order number. This is the only way you will be able to track your order or contact us with questions.